I have been working steadily for about two weeks now. Work just somehow started piling up. Amazing because it isn't my work, but I did agree to help. That's why I haven't been posting much. I've been logging onto Facebook, but for short spurts at a time. Nothing where I could sit and put up a blog about what is going on. So lets start with my faithful bullet points. Honestly that's the only way I can stay on track and make a little bit of sense.
• Weight loss - I had a fill today. I saw the nurse, Dori, today and I love, Love, LOVE her. I asked Dori, how much she put in my band and she sat and talked with me and told me I have 3.5ccs in it (today she put in 1cc). I didn't ask the doctor the last time I was there because he wouldn't tell anyway according to others I know who go to him. She told me that Dr. Woodman doesn't believe in telling his patients how much he puts in because he doesn't want them comparing, but that she didn't see any reason why I shouldn't know. I think I am very close to my sweet spot by the way. I thanked Dori and told her that I am very hands-on when it comes to my health care plus I do a blog and I wanted to put that in. We also talked about me being a BC survivor and told me about her cousin who just underwent a bilateral mastectomy and is about to go through chemo. I gave her info and she asked about my doctors. It seems her cousin and I have the same general surgeon. It was a good visit. Anyway, I am 6.6lbs down from the last visit. Not stellar, but hey I will take it. Which makes me a total of 33lbs. down. I weigh 245lbs. I haven't seen that number in quite some time. I must say I am quite pleased with myself. I love the way I feel and look. I will say though that I could have done better and will definitely be putting in 100%. I kinda slacked the week of my birthday and the week after and didn't exercise the way I should. I know that it will only get better. I did the 4 mile Superwalk yesterday with Leslie(Walk Away the Pounds DVD). It kicked my butt, but you know what kicked my butt even more.....the fact that I did 3 reps of squats after that along with back kicks (I don't know the technical name for it, but it's where you face the wall and kick your leg back; good for the butt). My thighs are so sore right now. Every time I go to sit down I feel it. You all just don't know how pleased I am because before the surgery, exercise was walking to my office building and back.
• Lifting Weights - so I talked with my physical therapist and she said I can lift no more than 10lbs. because of they lymphedema. She suggested I used firming bands, which I already do with the WATP DVD and cable cords. She also said I could do push ups. I don't want to have bat wings after this weight loss, plus I know building muscle will help with the weight loss.
• Breast Reconstruction - I saw my plastic surgeon today and he put some more fluid in my tissue expander. I will not be getting my permanent implants until next year. It was a bummer at first but when he explained why, I got it. Because I am loosing weight if I get the implants now they are going to be sagging and lopsided because of the fat loss. He would rather I waited until I was either at goal or very close to goal to have the surgery as to get the best look. Ok, so I'll wait. I'm the type of person who sets a schedule and lives by it. I don't like going off plan, but I do understand his reasonings and will comply. So this allows me look at my weight loss and plan around that. I won't bore you with the details, but if I can loose 10lbs a month, I will be down the remaining 70lbs. by May. I will be done with Spring classes and can afford to lay back for a minute until June Summer session starts up. That's my plan and I'm sticking with it. I did stop by A Fitting Place which is a bra place her in Memphis and got a great compression vest/bra. It will reduce the swelling so that my skin & tissue will be soft for surgery, but the greatest part about that besides it being free because my insurance pays 100%, is that I no longer have side boobs ;-). I am so happy to look and feel somewhat normal.
I won't make this to long a post, but know that I missed you guys. I logged in a couple of times, but because I couldn't dedicate the time I wanted to reading and commenting on the blogs, I just didn't at all. It was like something was missing from my life when I didn't connect with you all. I will have a computer at home in December when I get my longevity check. Now, I can get finish with this remaining crap on my desk.
Powered by Blogger.
Goals & Rewards
- Pamela E. Williams
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Loopy character here, I love fantasy movies and cartoons. I'm a 41 yr. old kid that has a son who loves her flaws and all. I'm also a recent Breast Cancer survivor. I got banded on August 10, 2010. Jiminy is his name, Jiminy Cricket that is or JC to all of you out there.