Pages

BYOC - Bring Your Own Craziness


BYOC everyone! 5 questions - some funny, some serious - we answer in our blogs to get to know each other better and to ease our fried brains on Fridays!

1. Love or money? High salary or job satisfaction?
Hmmmm, interesting question. I would have to say I prefer love, but I want both the high salary and job satisfaction. I don't think I can do a job well if I'm not compensated properly for it. If it's a labor of love there still have to be some perks.

2. What is your favorite time of day?
I love nighttime. Like Draz, I used to be a night owl too. Because I wanted (still want) to be in the entertainment industry (I used to have a singing group) I and my group would go to all the concerts and try to get backstage and in all the parties that would come to my city. Plus I worked at night for 10+ years before moving to dayside. Night time is just a magical time to me. The sky is dark except for the stars and the moon and like Draz when it rains, that's the best sleep on earth to me

3. Draz's in-laws just had their wills done so it made me wonder this. Do you have a will? Did you tell anyone your wish to be kept alive or not?
Yes I do. After the many surgeries I have had I finally came to the conclusion that I don't want my family trying to figure out my wishes. I have been through breast cancer, bi-lateral mastectomy as well as on going breast reconstructive surgeries and next up lap band surgery. Grief is hard enough without having to make tough decisions. I have both a living will and a regular will that advises my family of no resucitation if my quality of life thereafter will be aided by tubes and machines. I don't want to function like that (which wouldn't really be functioning at all). My family also knows that I want to be cremated. Although I don't plan on leaving this earth anytime soon, I don't want anyone stuffing me in a box and planting me 6 feet under. Let my spirit float on the wind is what I say. Plus I don't want my son trying to pick out a casket, dress and the whole nine. I've done that before and its no fun.

4. Repeat question. Pick one thing for one day you'll do next week that aids in your physical or mental health.
I totally crapped out on my goal for last week. But I will repeat what I was supposed to do then and do it this week. I WILL get in 64 oz of water everyday next week. Scout's honor (even though I wasn't a girl scout)

5. Repeat questions. Make someone a superstar for a moment...whose comment or blog stuck with you this week and why.
Stephanie and Drazil both had me mixed with emotions. I cried after reading Drazil's post about running, realizing that it just doesn't matter. No matter what I go through (sister & her babies back at home, son going off to college, lack of money, and sometimes I get tired of being poked and prodded) Draz helped me to see that I have to keep running. I have to push forward. Her post moved me so I ended up making a post although I hadn't planned on posting yesterday. Stephanie's post brought out some anger toward folk who think they are entitled with they make shitastic decisions!! I mean I rarely curse (cuss) y'all, but I almost typed a book in her comments section. The audacity!! Uggghhh!! Ok I'm not going to go there, but oh I could.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Great answers Pam, you're such a strong person, I know you'll be a super star with the band!

-Grace- said...

Great answers as usual, Pam! You are going to rock the band--Tessie is right :)

Bianca said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. I'm with you on cremation. I've been telling my family for years that's what I want when the time comes. This has reminded me that I really need to meet with my lawyer and get a will drafted.

Have a great weeekend!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Wow - and you think I'm strong??? You are a Superwoman. I'm so happy you liked my blog...your comments meant so much to be....I puffy heart you!