Pages

Surgery Date & Draz

Dr. Woodman (my bariatric surgeon) approved my surgery for August 10th @ 7:30 in the morning. I pray that he doesn't change it. He informed me that he wanted me to loose just 3# before surgery. I know I can do that.

I gained 8lbs since the last time I was in the office in April. I have to admit I have been eating stuff that I know isn't good for me. Cake and not just one small piece, ice cream, and lets not even mention all I ate for the 4th. Nevertheless its time to get back on the wagon and drive straight. Which leads me to my next comment.....

Draz, had me in tears just a few minutes ago. I can't explain what came over me, but I just broke down. I'm talking about that take a deep breath and shutter sob type of cry. Tears just ran down my face as I typed my comment after reading her post on running. I think what hit home the most with her post is this paragraph:

The theory is – life just *is*…but it doesn’t matter….do what you have to do anyway. It really doesn’t matter if it’s raining – you can still run. It really doesn’t matter if life isn’t fair – you can still live like it is. Nothing matters enough to make me quit or to make me stop learning, growing, thriving and loving. It’s basically a way of taking every excuse for every single part of your life and saying “yah, but it doesn’t matter.” – so get up and get going.

There is so much going on in my life and I think today I just got overwhelmed. After reading Draz's post, I now know that it doesn't matter. I have to do whatever it is anyway. I am stronger because of the things I've been through and I know this.

Draz thank you for who you are and for inspiring me today.

19 comments:

Ice Queen said...

Congratulations on your surgery date. You must be really excited. :D

Pamela E. Williams said...

Hey Erika!! Yes, I am. Its also weird because now I have all these thoughts about getting prepared and the horror stories of being in band hell and the sort. I'm stoked though.

Steph said...

I'm glad to hear you have your official date! That is awesome. Don't stress about being up 8 lbs since April. You are lovely and will see that 8 lbs fall off soon enough!

Amanda Kiska said...

Pamela, That is one month from TOMORROW! It is also the day after my birthday ~ lol. You are going to do great with the band. Don't even worry about those 8 lbs. They'll be gone before you know it!

And Draz is AWESOME!

Amanda Kiska said...

I guess today is the 8th so it is one month from the day after tomorrow...

Joey said...

F. YES!!!! 8.10.10 sounds like a magical day to me. You can do it! XO

Gwen said...

August 10! So soon! Congrats! You'll have those three lbs off in no time and then you'll be well on your way to the big day!

-Grace- said...

Heck yes! I am stoked that you have your date (with destiny)!! I just know you are going to do well, Pamela. I can feel it!

Nella said...

Its a DATE baby!

Theresa said...

Yay for the date!

Pamela E. Williams said...

@Stephanie, Amanda, Joey, Gwen, Grace, Nella & Tessie.....

You ladies ROCK!! I♥youall!!

Thanks so much for the encouragement.

Linda said...

Pamela - I'm so excited you have a date. Time is going to fly by. And you''ll have no problem losing 3 pounds before then.

Cindylew said...

Zippity Doo Da, Zippity Yay, My Oh My What a Wonderful Day...August 10th that is my little pop tart you...couldn't be happier for you.

DiZneDiVa said...

Wow! Your surgery is getting close... You are going to do great. I was banded March 23rd, 2010 and I've lost 60 pounds of a very high starting weight. Some days are better than others but I keep pushing through to success. Come say Hi... Good luck! *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at Band Camp..." check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

Donut Butt said...

YEA!!! Isn't getting the date so cool? Like you can actually believe it's finally going to happen. I am so happy for you. I promise you won't regret it!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your sugery date! Your journey will start right before you know it. Mine is next friday, I'm so nervous!

Janice said...

Let the countdown begin! It will be here before you know it. I enjoyed eating whatever I wanted the months leading up to surgery. It was like I was saying good-bye to all my favorite foods. (onion rings... :) I was pretty good when it came time for the pre-op diet thought.

I'm so excited for you...once you have a date you are on the lapband train!

Perry Joyce said...

CONGRATS ON THE SURGERY DATE!!! I did the same thing, I gained right up until surgery because of all my "last meal" splurges! It'll come off, don't stress about it. Losing three in one month won't be so bad, and it'll be the last time you really have to "diet" the old fashioned way! The waiting game is the hardest part and you've done so well so far! Good luck over the next few weeks!

Amaris said...

Congrats on getting a surgery date! How exciting for you. I can't wait to read all about it -- and watch you shrink before my very eyes afterwards!

I lived in Memphis as a child for 8 years in the late 60s/early 70s. We lived in Frazier. I still have fond memories of that time.