I am so hungry right now. I just ate a 4 oz cup of sugar free applesauce and a cheese stick. I don't eat lunch for another hour and a half. UGGGG!!! My stomach is growling like a rabid wolf. Dang it!! I have drank my water and still no let up. Ahhh well, I will be alright.
I went to a support group last night and I can say like all others in this support forum, that there is nothing like my sisters here. The group had about 8 people all in various states of WLS. One lady was considering getting the lap band. There was one person who had the by-pass and another the sleeve, the other 5 of us all had the band in various states of post op. Nothing the nutritionist said was anything I hadn't heard before. She sat there and told us about some studies she had read and basically read a little from the paper. After a while this guy who had the sleeve kind of took over. Actually, I was glad he did because it was boooooooorinnnng. I don't understand what a support group is for if it isn't for support. Maybe I'm just spoiled by what I have with you guys.
Anywho, I go for my first fill and follow up appointment on this Monday (9/20) coming up. One of the ladies who had the band on July 1st told me that our doctor won't have a problem with how much weight I have lost. She said he kind of got in her butt during her follow up because she had lost only 12lbs. Dr. Woodman thinks that you should loose at least 10. I thought well you did that. She said that wasn't anything spectacular in his eyes. Oh well, he will be alright. I still have a week left, so I will see how much I will drop by the 20th. Its not a race and the nutritionist said the same thing that Amy W. said in that everyone is different. I am anxious to see if this first fill will make a difference for me and to see how aggressive he will be with the fill. He is known to be an a-hole, but he doesn't scare me.
I was so excited to see my son this past weekend when he came home with the band to play in the classic. Now I am counting the days until Thanksgiving when he will be home for a few days. I know once that is gone I will be counting the days until Christmas. I miss my son! Here is a picture of him in action at the first game.
Posted by Pamela E. Williams at 8:43 AM
- 80s BABY!!!!
- Hugging my BOOBS & A Song for You
- Lady Lap Band is giving away something cool
- Weight Loss, Jealousy & Going back to school
- B.O.O.B.s Questionaire
- 1st Fill - Eazy Peazzy & Thank you Grace!!
- Bandster HEEEEEELLLLLL!!!
- With a Cherry on Top!!
- A re-post from a Successful Bander
- New Clothes & WL!!
- Bruno Mars
- I WHIP MY HAIR!!
- Fair Food & a little of I Wish Wednesday!
- Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!
- Amy came up with this great idea. I think it's a ...
- ▼ September (16)
Powered by Blogger.
Goals & Rewards
- Pamela E. Williams
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Loopy character here, I love fantasy movies and cartoons. I'm a 41 yr. old kid that has a son who loves her flaws and all. I'm also a recent Breast Cancer survivor. I got banded on August 10, 2010. Jiminy is his name, Jiminy Cricket that is or JC to all of you out there.