Pages

Pics of Me & Happy Friday!!

Happy Friday everyone!! For some reason its been a long week. I have been trying to make the best of things. Wednesday I hadn't noticed it, but my co-worker asked me why I kept breathing. I didn't really know what she meant so I asked her if I was breathing hard as in labored breathing or sighing. She told me it was a sigh. She said I had did it about three times. Its funny how when things are happening around you, you don't realize what you are doing to articulate it nonverbally. I just didn't realize I was doing that. My co-worker asked if I was ok and I said yes. I just had things on my mind. Mostly money and the problems lack of it can cause. Also just thinking about the people I would help if I had a lot of it. My family, friends, random people who I didn't know.

I think about Pie and Bonnie who symphathizes with me about working a job that continuously leaves you uninspired. How I want to do what I dream of, but when you're in any city other than L.A. or New York its gonna be hard. If you could see me I'm sighing now. Its just so unconscious. I think about my job and wish that I worked for Oprah. I'm a writer and I would love to work for her magazine. I can see it now. I would write these riveting articles that would help the mission of O Mag..."To help women see every experience and challenge as an opportunity to grow and discover their best self." Yep, I pulled that straight from the mag, LOL. For what it's worth, I can't stay down long. I know I am destined for greatness and part of the challenge I spoke about above is this journey I'm on to become a more healthier me with this lapband.

Ok enough with that. My post was supposed to be just some pics (please excuse the amateurish way I posted these...trying to get the hang of this thing)I scanned of me. They are pics of me at a young age and much smaller (weight). You will see a gap in the timeline. I hated taking pics when I got bigger because I always knew that the camera added 10lbs.

My sister Renay & me as a baby

My brother, sisters & I @ the zoo. Thats me on the right with the up/down socks. Look how skinny my legs were.

Me on a hot summer day.

This is me @ Christmas. These were wonderful times.

My 6th grade school picture.

My 11th grade school picture. I laugh at this now. This was my awkward stage.

Thats me in the middle with my sisters @ the Mall of Memphis. Look how skinny I was. I think I was about 16 or 17 in this pic.

Me in the blue. This was @ my brother's wedding reception 2002. I've always thought I was pretty, but taking pictures was never my thing because of my weight. That's my mommy with the long hair. She always kept her children looking good.

I had to do a throwback of my mommy. I don't know what year this was, but she is so pretty.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love seeing pictures of my blogger friends. Thanks for sharing. I hear you about money. My husband is self employed and he bills people after the fact so we never really know when we are going to get paid. Hence, why I, like you, am trapped in an uninspiring, draining job - for the regular paycheck and benefits. Sigh...Oh geez, now you have me sighing too. :-) Hope you have a nice weekend. Enjoy every minute because they go by so freaking fast!

Perry Joyce said...

Oh my gosh, I love these pictures! You certainly haven't lost that stunning smile!! Absolutely radiant! Must take it from your gorgeously elegant momma!

I've said a lot of times that this journey is about so much more than weight loss for me, and I truly believe that. You really gotta put your neck out there if you wanna grab a job that inspires you and it's pretty much impossible to do that without confidence. Confidence obviously comes from within, but not being happy with your overall health and well-being and appearance sure does tarnish it. I can see us both inching closer to our weight goals AND our career goal and every goal in between! Like everything, one step at a time! And along the way, we'll start to lay that foundation.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Pamela E. Williams said...

@Bonnie, I knew there was someone else who understood and it was you!! Ok we are gonna eventually quit sighing. I know it will all work out.

@Pie, Thank you so much!! You are a doll. Confidence is definitely key. I know we will both get there.

Have a great weekend yourselves and thanks for being here with me.

Joey said...

What a cutie!!!!! Love the hot summer day shot. You were, are, and will be pretty.....just smaller :)

Pamela E. Williams said...

Thank you Joey!

Amanda Kiska said...

You have AMAZING teeth! It looks like you've had them since childhood so I am going to assume you never wore braces.

I love the old pics. Your family is beautiful!

Sandy said...

Loved the pictures. I wish they could have been bigger-they show up quite small on my screen. I think it is so worthwhile to look at our past pictures to see that we actually were quite good looking.