Dang it!! I have not had time to post or anything like I wanted to. I have not had time to read other blogs like I wanted to. Shoot. BUT the good thing is that I am being productive.
My son and I drove to Nashville this past Friday with a friend and her son for college orientation. I think I might have mentioned that my son is going to college there (Tennessee State University). It was a short drive, but tiring nontheless. I am still recouperating from the cancer and subsequent treatments and surgeries and anything extra always wears me out. It was a one day orientation that started at 8 am (we left Memphis at 4 am) that involved seminars and walking around a huge campus. Now since I haven't been banded yet and haven't lost much weight, walking isn't very fun. Now add the BLAZING sun to that equation and you got swoon worthy situations just waiting to happen. I made it though. The sun zapped me, but we made it back home about half past eight that evening. I was pooped, but so excited for my son that we sat up till midnight talking about his priorites and possibilites for success. This is my only child so I got to get this right.
On the lapband front, I have my 3-4 hour meeting with the doctor this Saturday at 7 am. WTHEEEEEECKKK!! Yes I said SEVEN A.M. Dang I don't have to be at work M-F until 8. So that means I have to get up at least by 5:30 just to get ready because its a good drive from my house. Ahhh well, I'm looking forward to it as it means I am moving forward with everything. I think I may have mentioned that I am going to see if the doctor has an opening for early August to do my surgery. This will be after my son leaves for band camp. I will have saved the $500 that I need for the out-of-pocket fee and will have gotten Jon safely off to college. This way I won't have anything hindering my path from here on out.
Whew!! Ok, got more catching up to do.
Posted by Pamela E. Williams at 10:51 AM
- Playing Catch(UP) is a beeeeeeeeeeeeep!!
- Me...Beautiful Blogger Award!!
- When I'm a Billionaire
- Food Stuff, Recipes & A Giveaway
- BYOC...Bring Your Own Craziness
- Pics of Me & Happy Friday!!
- Happy Hump Day!!
- Testing & BYOC
- 1st round of testing and Randomness
- Blogger down and Al Roker
- BYOC, New Followers and Randomness
- Blah Day
- Computer problems & Comments
- ▼ June (13)
Powered by Blogger.
Goals & Rewards
- Pamela E. Williams
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Loopy character here, I love fantasy movies and cartoons. I'm a 41 yr. old kid that has a son who loves her flaws and all. I'm also a recent Breast Cancer survivor. I got banded on August 10, 2010. Jiminy is his name, Jiminy Cricket that is or JC to all of you out there.