Pages

Playing Catch(UP) is a beeeeeeeeeeeeep!!


Dang it!! I have not had time to post or anything like I wanted to. I have not had time to read other blogs like I wanted to. Shoot. BUT the good thing is that I am being productive.

My son and I drove to Nashville this past Friday with a friend and her son for college orientation. I think I might have mentioned that my son is going to college there (Tennessee State University). It was a short drive, but tiring nontheless. I am still recouperating from the cancer and subsequent treatments and surgeries and anything extra always wears me out. It was a one day orientation that started at 8 am (we left Memphis at 4 am) that involved seminars and walking around a huge campus. Now since I haven't been banded yet and haven't lost much weight, walking isn't very fun. Now add the BLAZING sun to that equation and you got swoon worthy situations just waiting to happen. I made it though. The sun zapped me, but we made it back home about half past eight that evening. I was pooped, but so excited for my son that we sat up till midnight talking about his priorites and possibilites for success. This is my only child so I got to get this right.

On the lapband front, I have my 3-4 hour meeting with the doctor this Saturday at 7 am. WTHEEEEEECKKK!! Yes I said SEVEN A.M. Dang I don't have to be at work M-F until 8. So that means I have to get up at least by 5:30 just to get ready because its a good drive from my house. Ahhh well, I'm looking forward to it as it means I am moving forward with everything. I think I may have mentioned that I am going to see if the doctor has an opening for early August to do my surgery. This will be after my son leaves for band camp. I will have saved the $500 that I need for the out-of-pocket fee and will have gotten Jon safely off to college. This way I won't have anything hindering my path from here on out.

Whew!! Ok, got more catching up to do.

11 comments:

Joey said...

3-4 hour meeting with the Doctor?? Wow, that's some service. Good luck!

Pamela E. Williams said...

LOL, its really a seminar where they tell us everything they thought they haven't in the other seminar. The doctor is on the last leg, where he tells you how much weight he wants you to lose before the surgery. The first part is with the staff.

Amanda Kiska said...

You're a great mom and the lap-band will change your life!

Nella said...

Crossing my fingers for you for an August date!

Cheeseburger Girl said...

You'll be on the other side of the band in no time! Yay for progress.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Catching up is like cleaning up dog poo - it sucksola! Do what you can! We understand!

Sandy said...

Think of yourself one year from now on the same campus, walking everywhere, enjoying every minute of being with your son, but far fewer pounds. Its a reality you will soon have. And energy galore.

Cindylew said...

Good luck at your appointment.
So sending you good vibes for your August surgery date...it just gets better from this point on...after the pre-op diet, that is.

Bianca said...

Hoping you get the August date. Good luck!

Pamela E. Williams said...

You guys are so AWESOME!! I♥U

Theresa said...

Wow, 7am on a Saturday! August will be here before you know it!